Reporting to the Chair of the School of English and Liberal Studies, the professor is responsible for developing, preparing, and delivering courses within Seneca Business, ensuring an effective and compelling learning environment for students.
Responsible for teaching general education and liberal studies courses within the Diploma and Degree programs.
Under the direction of the senior academic officer of Seneca or designate, the Professor is responsible for:
- Ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques.
Carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, which may include tutoring and academic counselling of students.
Providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources, work experience and field trips.
Evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student's work within assigned courses.
- Consulting with program and course directors and other faculty members, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers and students.
Defining course objectives, and evaluating and validating these objectives.
Specifying or approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations where applicable.
Selecting or approving textbooks and learning materials.
- Providing guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors' teaching assignments.
Participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
- Minimum completed PhD in Science or Social Science. If related, please state how the education is relevant.
- Minimum three (3) years of teaching experience at the post-secondary level. Experience teaching at more than one post-secondary institution is preferred.
Teaching experience within the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts & Technology is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to teach communication skills from a teaching-for-transfer approach, using innovative strategies.
Demonstrated ability to adapt to change effectively and to participate collaboratively in decision-making processes.
Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to resolve complex issues both within and outside the classroom.
Superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with students and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Flexibility with multiple modes of delivery, including in-class, hybrid, and fully online teaching.
Commitment to student success, as demonstrated through the ability to teach and assess students from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Demonstrated experience with teaching language acquisition alongside essential communication skills.
To Apply: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/car ... 42&rid=501