DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2019
Computer systems are everywhere and are used in virtually every industry. Canadore College is seeking a Professor to lead and teach our students on how to create the programs and software for devices that people use every day.
The successful incumbent will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for learning, who strives to explore and develop new pedagogies and who is committed to enabling the success of learners to acquire current concepts. The ideal candidate will have recent experience in application software, systems development and strong computer programming skills. Course content may include but not be limited to:
Teaching assigned courses, including:
• teaching regularly scheduled classes in the Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer semesters through a combination of classroom delivery on location, online and/or through a virtual classroom.
• ensuring student awareness of course learning outcomes and evaluation techniques
• providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
• providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the College approved Learning Management System (Desire to Learn)
• evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
• the development and creation of a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
Designing new and maintaining existing courses, including:
• defining learning outcomes and evaluating and validating these outcomes
• planning appropriate teaching and learning approaches, as well as essential and optional learning resources
• incorporating educational technologies to meet the learning needs of students
• consulting with other faculty members, advisory committees and a variety of potential employers and students
• reviewing and revising curriculum
• participating in professional development activities during non-teaching periods
Providing academic leadership, including:
• working cooperatively with other professors to ensure course consistency and support continuous program improvement
• participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees, and departmental meetings
• liaising with industry representatives and community members
• engaging in promoting the programs, school, and college
• working to full achievement of the Competency Profile for professors at the College
• participating in professional development activities, remaining current in the field of study, and maintaining awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching and learning in higher education
• following health and safety policies, procedures, and legislation
• modeling the College values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency, Accountability and Commitment to Excellence
• Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Game Design or related degree required
• Master’s Degree or Doctorate Preferred
• Minimum 5 years recent work experience in an Information Technology, Programming or related field
• Demonstrated passion for teaching, learning, and student success
• Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a postsecondary setting as well as
knowledge and experience in the use of educational technologies; experience in the development
and delivery of blended and online curriculum is considered an asset
• Highly effective communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated entry level skills in Canadore College’s teaching competencies as set out in the Professor Competency Profile at: https://az184419.vo.msecnd.net/canadore ... pps-16.pdf
• Evidence of commitment to the success of all learners
• Recent teaching experience preferred
A cover letter together with a current resume, quoting the above competition number, will be accepted or by E-Mail at email@example.com , or Fax: 705-474-8005, until 4:00 p.m., May 17, 2019.
Canadore College is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.